TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT:
Volunteer Cooperant (VC/OS)
Unaccompanied assignment - This assignment does not include support for accompanying partners or dependants
Hue Tourism College
VIET NAM , Hue City
EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE:
Departure date is contingent upon completion of administrative file and approval of visa. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and position will remain open until filled.
Uniterra is a leading Canadian international volunteer cooperation and development program, jointly implemented by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
Uniterra contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of poor and marginalized communities in 14 countries and with over 200 partners in Africa, Asia and the Americas through the exchange of expertise and knowledge of Canadian and international volunteers. Uniterra believes that economic growth, when inclusive, is the most powerful driver of poverty reduction. The purpose of the Uniterra program is to improve the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations by stimulating growth and facilitating access to the benefits of growing and diversified markets. To make this happen, we are working with our local partners to enhance the income of poor and marginalized women and youth through better access to employment and income generation opportunities. Uniterra country program staff work with our local partners to design Uniterra assignments in the context of the country strategy, supporting the inclusion of women and youth in key economic subsectors.
For more information on the Uniterra program, our approach and countries of focus please visit: Uniterra.ca
Hue Tourism College (HUETC) is located in Hue City, Vietnam’s Ancient Capital and an important socio-economic hub of the country’s central region. Established in 1999, the college currently offers one- to three-year training programs in hotel & restaurant management, food & beverage management, tour operation management, food production & cookery, and tour guiding. The college continues to focus on bringing its training quality closer to international standards, especially in the context of increasing domestic and international competition in the tourism industry. HUETC is also running a hotel called Villa Hue. Villa Hue is a 29 room boutique hotel and a practical training center for HUETC students. HUETC would like to have a Hospitality Management Advisor to help improve the quality of hospitality management training and the operations of Villa Hue.
For more information on HueTc, please go to: www.huetc.edu.vn
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct Hospitality Workshops for the Teachers of Hue Tourism College and Villa Hue Staff.
- Review how the current VTOS Occupational standards are being taught in a practical setting
- Review, advise and assist how the Hospitality English is being taught
- Work with the Villa Hue team on implementing Standards/Audits and new programs to increase customer service and Guest Satisfaction
- Help to develop practical tools and guidance for hotel management based on current trends or practices in hospitality industry.
- Collaborate with Uniterra volunteers to provide workshops and/or training to other local partners (upon request).
- Consolidate the results, document best practices and participate in the implementation of exit strategies;
- Prepare and draft reports required by the host organization and the Uniterra program.
- Promote the accessibility and participation of women especially young women and young men, in all program activities.
- Relevant Degree(s) in Tourism and Hospitality Management or relevant fields;
- Minimum two (2) years work experience in Tourism and Hospitality Management;
- Strong analytical and presentation skills;
- Ability to work in an multicultural environment;
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country.
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country.
- Language training in-country where required.
- Return flights, visas and work permits.
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials.
- Health insurance.
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- Vacation leave entitlement.
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada between the age of 18-70.
- Departure date is contingent upon the timely completion of all administrative requirements (e.g. visa processes, medical clearance, police checks, travel documentation).
- With the support of the program, all volunteers shall undertake to make a minimum financial contribution of $1,500 for participating in the program.
- You must ensure that you have a SYGESCA session open and that your profile contains a curriculum vitae before applying for the position.