TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT:
Volunteer Cooperant (VC/OS)
Unaccompanied assignment - This assignment does not include support for accompanying partners or dependants
Arusha NGO Network
TANZANIA; UNITED REPUBLIC OF , Arusha
EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE:
Departure date is contingent upon completion of administrative file and approval of visa. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and position will remain open until filled.
Uniterra is a leading Canadian international volunteer cooperation and development program, jointly implemented by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
Uniterra contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of poor and marginalized communities in 14 countries and with over 200 partners in Africa, Asia and the Americas through the exchange of expertise and knowledge of Canadian and international volunteers. Uniterra believes that economic growth, when inclusive, is the most powerful driver of poverty reduction. The purpose of the Uniterra program is to improve the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations by stimulating growth and facilitating access to the benefits of growing and diversified markets. To make this happen, we are working with our local partners to enhance the income of poor and marginalized women and youth through better access to employment and income generation opportunities. Uniterra country program staff work with our local partners to design Uniterra assignments in the context of the country strategy, supporting the inclusion of women and youth in key economic subsectors. For more information on the Uniterra program, our approach and countries of focus please visit: Uniterra.ca.
The Arusha NGO Network (ANGONET) was established in 1998 as a membership organization with more than 100 civil society organizations (CSOs) engaged in development and advocacy work for disadvantaged and marginalized groups. ANGONET aims to strengthen the capacity of CSOs toward improved the socio-economic well-being of people, in a sustainable and equitable manner. This is approached by enhancing civil society participation, democratic decision-making and governance in CSOs and public undertakings.
The Marketing and Branding Advisor will support ANGONET in developing a social marketing and branding strategy in order to increase the visibility of the organization and promote their work in the community.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical advice on promotion strategies for ANGONET;
- Support training on the creation of case studies highlighting the successes of ANGONET;
- Assist in developing network platforms for communication between stakeholders;
- Ensure the participation of women and youth, as well as their representation, in all activities and all program benefits;
- Consolidate the results, document best practices and participate in the implementation of exit strategies; and
- Write reports required by ANGONET and the Uniterra program.
- Degree and/or training in social marketing, communications, or a related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing, or relevant experience
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross-cultural environments
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations
- Experience in participatory training methodologies
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated coaching or mentorship skills, including tact and professionalism
- Written and oral fluency in English
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country.
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country.
- Language training in-country where required.
- Return flights, visas and work permits.
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials.
- Health insurance.
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- Vacation leave entitlement.
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada between the age of 18-70.
- Departure date is contingent upon the timely completion of all administrative requirements (e.g. visa processes, medical clearance, police checks, travel documentation).
- With the support of the program, all volunteers shall undertake to make a minimum financial contribution of $1,500 for participating in the program.
- You must ensure that you have a SYGESCA session open and that your profile contains a curriculum vitae before applying for the position.