TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT:
Volunteer Cooperant (VC/OS)
Unaccompanied assignment - This assignment does not include support for accompanying partners or dependants
Vietnam Association of Community Colleges
VIET NAM , Hanoi
EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE:
Departure date is contingent upon completion of administrative file and approval of visa. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and position will remain open until filled.
Uniterra is a leading Canadian international volunteer cooperation and development program, jointly implemented by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
Uniterra contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of poor and marginalized communities in 14 countries and with over 200 partners in Africa, Asia and the Americas through the exchange of expertise and knowledge of Canadian and international volunteers. Uniterra believes that economic growth, when inclusive, is the most powerful driver of poverty reduction. The purpose of the Uniterra program is to improve the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations by stimulating growth and facilitating access to the benefits of growing and diversified markets. To make this happen, we are working with our local partners to enhance the income of poor and marginalized women and youth through better access to employment and income generation opportunities. Uniterra country program staff work with our local partners to design Uniterra assignments in the context of the country strategy, supporting the inclusion of women and youth in key economic subsectors.
For more information on the Uniterra program, our approach and countries of focus please visit: Uniterra.ca.
The Vietnam Association of Community Colleges (VACC) is an association of community colleges in Vietnam, a social-vocational organization representing the common voice of universities, colleges and other training institutes following the community college model in Vietnam. The Association promotes the development of the life-learning model, positively contributing to the socio-economic development of Vietnam.
VACC has continuously advocated the linkages between their member schools and local businesses to improve the teaching curriculum and employment opportunities for graduates. VACC is looking for a Partnership Development Advisor to help strengthen these linkages.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with VACC and its members to:
- Analyse the current situation and make recommendations for improvement;
- Support the setting up of a framework for collaboration between training institutions and businesses;
- Identify and assess potential partnership opportunities, while sharing best practices for sustaining current partners;
- Facilitate workshops and/or trainings on partnership development, training institutions- businesses linkages;
- Collaborate with other Uniterra volunteers to share best practices of partnership Development, linkages;
- Consolidate the results, document best practices and participate in the implementation of exit strategies;
- Promote the accessibility and participation of women and youth in all program activities; and
- Prepare and draft reports required by the host organization and the Uniterra program.
- Degree in economics, social sciences, education or a relevant field
- Experience in organizing and facilitating workshops and training programs
- A minimum of three years experience in building partnerships and networks
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country.
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country.
- Language training in-country where required.
- Return flights, visas and work permits.
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials.
- Health insurance.
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- Vacation leave entitlement.
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada between the age of 18-70.
- Departure date is contingent upon the timely completion of all administrative requirements (e.g. visa processes, medical clearance, police checks, travel documentation).
- With the support of the program, all volunteers shall undertake to make a minimum financial contribution of $1,500 for participating in the program.
- You must ensure that you have a SYGESCA session open and that your profile contains a curriculum vitae before applying for the position.