TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT:
Volunteer Cooperant (VC/OS)
Unaccompanied assignment - This assignment does not include support for accompanying partners or dependants
Bac Thang Long Economic -Technical College
VIET NAM , Hanoi
EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE:
Departure date is contingent upon completion of administrative file and approval of visa. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and position will remain open until filled.
Uniterra is a leading Canadian international volunteer cooperation and development program, jointly implemented by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
Uniterra contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of poor and marginalized communities in 14 countries and with over 200 partners in Africa, Asia and the Americas through the exchange of expertise and knowledge of Canadian and international volunteers. Uniterra believes that economic growth, when inclusive, is the most powerful driver of poverty reduction. The purpose of the Uniterra program is to improve the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations by stimulating growth and facilitating access to the benefits of growing and diversified markets. To make this happen, we are working with our local partners to enhance the income of poor and marginalized women and youth through better access to employment and income generation opportunities. Uniterra country program staff work with our local partners to design Uniterra assignments in the context of the country strategy, supporting the inclusion of women and youth in key economic subsectors.
For more information on the Uniterra program, our approach and countries of focus please visit: Uniterra.ca.
Bac Thang Long Economic Technical College (BTL) is a state-owned, vocational training college. It is the first professional college in Dong Anh, a rapidly developing industrial district of Hanoi. The college cooperates with more than 80 companies by supplying skilled employees for the labour force, providing practical training, and designing training programs. In recent years, it has become one of Hanoi’s fastest growing vocational training institutions.
BTL aims to become a leading college for training and developing a qualified and employment-ready workforce in Vietnam. Their training program not only focuses on technical training but also on soft and life skills. BTL is looking for a Soft Skills Development Advisor to support them with developing soft skills training programs to meet employers’ needs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review BTL’s soft skills training programs and provide recommendations to improve them;
- Work with the training department and teachers to develop soft skills training programs and activities;
- Provide Soft Skills Train the Trainer (TOT) trainings;
- Consolidate the results, document best practices and participate in the implementation of exit strategies;
- Ensure the participation and representation of women and youth in all activities of the mandate; and
- Produce reports required by BTL and the Uniterra program.
- University Degree(s) in education, social sciences, business, communications or a related field
- Minimum of two years of direct related experience
- Experience in organizing and facilitating workshops and training programs
- Work experience in multicultural environments is an asset
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country.
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country.
- Language training in-country where required.
- Return flights, visas and work permits.
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials.
- Health insurance.
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- Vacation leave entitlement.
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada between the age of 18-70.
- Departure date is contingent upon the timely completion of all administrative requirements (e.g. visa processes, medical clearance, police checks, travel documentation).
- With the support of the program, all volunteers shall undertake to make a minimum financial contribution of $1,500 for participating in the program.
- You must ensure that you have a SYGESCA session open and that your profile contains a curriculum vitae before applying for the position.