TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT:
Volunteer Cooperant (VC/OS)
Unaccompanied assignment - This assignment does not include support for accompanying partners or dependants
Hue Tourism College
VIET NAM , Hue
EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE:
Departure date is contingent upon completion of administrative file and approval of visa. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and position will remain open until filled.
Uniterra is a leading Canadian international volunteer cooperation and development program, jointly implemented by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
Uniterra contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of poor and marginalized communities in 14 countries and with over 200 partners in Africa, Asia and the Americas through the exchange of expertise and knowledge of Canadian and international volunteers. Uniterra believes that economic growth, when inclusive, is the most powerful driver of poverty reduction. The purpose of the Uniterra program is to improve the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations by stimulating growth and facilitating access to the benefits of growing and diversified markets. To make this happen, we are working with our local partners to enhance the income of poor and marginalized women and youth through better access to employment and income generation opportunities. Uniterra country program staff work with our local partners to design Uniterra assignments in the context of the country strategy, supporting the inclusion of women and youth in key economic sub sectors.
For more information on the Uniterra program, our approach and countries of focus please visit: Uniterra.ca.
Hue Tourism College (HUETC) is located in Hue City, Vietnam’s Ancient Capital and an important socio-economic hub of the country’s central region. Established in 1999, the college offers one- to three-year training programs in hotel and restaurant management, food and beverage management, tour operation management, food production, and guided tours. The college continues to focus on bringing its training quality closer to international standards, especially in the context of increasing domestic and international competition in the tourism industry. For more information on HUETC, please go to:www.huetc.edu.vn.
Hue TC plans to improve its internship program and create partnerships with businesses. As such, they seek a volunteer Partnership Development Advisor to provide them with guidance and support
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review the current internship arrangements and make recommendations for improvement;
- Provide guidance and support in assessing potential partnership opportunities, while sharing best practices for sustaining current partners;
- Provide guidance and support with setting up a framework for effective collaboration between HueTC and businesses;
- Facilitating workshops on partnership development;
- Collaborating with other Uniterra volunteers to share best practices of partnership Development, linkages;
- Consolidate the results, document best practices and participate in the implementation of exit strategies;
- Promoting the accessibility and participation of women and youth in all program.Ensure the participation of women and youth, as well as their representation, in all activities of and all program benefits; and
- Write reports required by HueTC and the Uniterra program.
- Degree in economics, social sciences, or a relevant field
- A minimum of three years experience in partnership development
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross-cultural environments
- Demonstrated coaching or mentorship skills, including tact and professionalism
- Written and oral fluency in English
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country.
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country.
- Language training in-country where required.
- Return flights, visas and work permits.
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials.
- Health insurance.
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- Vacation leave entitlement.
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada between the age of 18-70.
- Departure date is contingent upon the timely completion of all administrative requirements (e.g. visa processes, medical clearance, police checks, travel documentation).
- With the support of the program, all volunteers shall undertake to make a minimum financial contribution of $1,500 for participating in the program.
- You must ensure that you have a SYGESCA session open and that your profile contains a curriculum vitae before applying for the position.