TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT:
Volunteer Cooperant (VC/OS)
Unaccompanied assignment - This assignment does not include support for accompanying partners or dependants
Asociación de Mujeres en Café
GUATEMALA , Guatemala City
EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE:
The expected start date and duration are flexible and subject to change. The departure date is contingent upon completion of administrative file and approval of visa. Please note that we are currently recruiting for Summer 2019 assignments
February 3, 2019
Uniterra is a leading Canadian international volunteer cooperation and development program, jointly implemented by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
Uniterra contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of poor and marginalized communities in 14 countries and with over 170 partners in Africa, Asia and the Americas through the exchange of expertise and knowledge of Canadian and international volunteers. Uniterra believes that economic growth, when inclusive, is the most powerful driver of poverty reduction. The purpose of the Uniterra program is to improve the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations by stimulating growth and facilitating access to the benefits of growing and diversified markets. To make this happen, we are working with our local partners to enhance the income of poor and marginalized women and youth through better access to employment and income generation opportunities. Uniterra country program staff work with our local partners to design Uniterra assignments in the context of the country strategy, supporting the inclusion of women and youth in key economic subsectors.
For more information on the Uniterra program, our approach and countries of focus please visit: Uniterra.ca.
The Asociación de Mujeres en Café (Women in Coffee Association) has the mission of strengthening the productive and business capacities of its members, in order to promote profitable and competitive coffee companies. It has the vision of being recognized as the national and international leader for creating opportunities for women in the coffee industry in Guatemala, improving their lives, and of their families and communities. http://mujerescafeguatemala.org/
In this context, the Association is looking to strengthen its communication skills by learning how to create a branding and marketing strategy that can increase its visibility, focusing on the economic empowerment of women and youth.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and propose improvements for the association’s communication tools and materials (logos, brands, social networks, etc.);
- Support in the development of a promotional and marketing strategy proposal for the association;
- Support in the implementation of activities that help improve the visibility and marketing of the association;
- Ensure the participation of women and youth, as well as their representation, in all activities of and all program benefits; and
- Write reports required by the partner and the Uniterra program.
- Pursuing a University degree in communication, business & marketing or any other relevant field
- Preferably, work, academic, internship or volunteer experience in the area of marketing and publicity
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross-cultural environments
- Have an upper intermediate written and oral level of Spanish
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country.
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country.
- Language training in-country where required.
- Return flights, visas and work permits.
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials.
- Health insurance.
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- Vacation leave entitlement.
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
- Send us your Curriculum vitae, and a cover letter at the attention of Students Without Borders at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR APPLICATIONS TO THE STUDENT WITHOUT BORDERS PROGRAM:
This position is open to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you may still be eligible to apply. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
To apply, send us your Curriculum vitae, letter of motivation, and two letters of reference to the attention of Students Without Borders at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be expected to make a financial contribution of $5000.00 to the Uniterra program. With this contribution being made, Uniterra will cover applicable costs, such as: flights, accommodations, a monthly living allowance, vaccinations, visas, and medical insurance coverage.
If you are in an academic program that is partnered with Uniterra, the conditions of your application and financial contribution may differ. Please follow the instructions you've received from your academic program, or contact email@example.com for further information.