TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT:
Volunteer Cooperant (VC/OS)
Unaccompanied assignment - This assignment does not include support for accompanying partners or dependants
Fair Trade Group Nepal (FTG-Nepal)
NEPAL , Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur
EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE:
Departure date is contingent upon completion of administrative file and approval of visa. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and position will remain open until filled.
August 31, 2019
Uniterra is a leading Canadian international volunteer cooperation and development program, jointly implemented by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
Uniterra contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of poor and marginalized communities in 14 countries and with over 200 partners in Africa, Asia and the Americas through the exchange of expertise and knowledge of Canadian and international volunteers. Uniterra believes that economic growth, when inclusive, is the most powerful driver of poverty reduction. The purpose of the Uniterra program is to improve the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations by stimulating growth and facilitating access to the benefits of growing and diversified markets. To make this happen, we are working with our local partners to enhance the income of poor and marginalized women and youth through better access to employment and income generation opportunities. Uniterra country program staff work with our local partners to design Uniterra assignments in the context of the country strategy, supporting the inclusion of women and youth in key economic subsectors.
For more information on the Uniterra program, our approach and countries of focus please visit: Uniterra.ca.
Fair Trade Group Nepal (FTG Nepal) is a consortium of fair trading organizations working to improve the socio-economic status of the underprivileged and marginalized producers of Nepal. FTG Nepal aims to develop constructive collaboration among the Fair Trade organizations to influence policymakers to adopt Fair Trade- friendly policies and to promote Fair Trade practices in Nepal. It also aims at strengthening the networks and solidarity at a national, regional and international level to advocate for the Fair Trade movement. It is also a platform where members discuss their common problems, issues and exchange ideas and information with each other.
Fair Trade Group Nepal has been extending its portfolio and is exploring possible opportunities in a new sector and trying to position itself as the lead in improving the livelihood of the marginalized producers. FTG seeks a volunteer Fundraising Advisor to support them in accessing funding.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance in researching and identifying funding opportunities from different donors;
- Attract, build and develop relationships with new and existing donors to secure long-term and increased funding across a wide range of target markets;
- Provide guidance in write proposals and concept notes;
- Provide support in maintaining and updating the database of fundraising contacts;
- Ensure the participation of women and youth, as well as their representation, in all activities of and all program benefits; and
- Write reports required by FTG Nepal and the Uniterra program.
- Degree or training in development studies or a related discipline
- Previous experience in preparing multiple funding application forms and writing detailed proposals
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross-cultural environments
- Demonstrated coaching or mentorship skills, including tact and professionalism
- Written and oral fluency in English
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country.
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country.
- Language training in-country where required.
- Return flights, visas and work permits.
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials.
- Health insurance.
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- Vacation leave entitlement.
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada between the age of 18-70.
- Departure date is contingent upon the timely completion of all administrative requirements (e.g. visa processes, medical clearance, police checks, travel documentation).
- With the support of the program, all volunteers shall undertake to make a minimum financial contribution of $1,500 for participating in the program.
- You must ensure that you have a SYGESCA session open and that your profile contains a curriculum vitae before applying for the position.